Political Forum of Women’s Section of Hizb ut Tahrir Wilayah Tunisia: “Women’s struggle between Islam and the Manmade Systems”
The forum’s political and cultural context:
We held this forum in the midst of a thick fog of deceit and deception aimed at the Ummah in general and her women in particular, amid glamorous and deceptive slogans (such as gender equality and the principle of equality in political positions) and amid broad liberal capitalist propaganda claiming that it freed women from her shackles and achieved for her equality with men. And calls to maintain the existing system as a gain worthy of struggling for it; and that this can only be by combatting political Islam by their claim. Amidst emotional reactions who see that Islam is being fought and vulnerable Muslim women as targets.
The Ummah, especially its loyal young men and women who seek to change the corrupt conditions, found themselves between two options:
- Either to engage in the Western intellectual system of capitalism under the pretext of modernity and progress, which means dissociation from religion and disdain from the Ummah and her history and legislation, and dependence on the West.
- Or to be intellectually defeated, thus, acceptance of a moderate Islam accepted by American or European “Master”, or to be politically defeated, thus, acceptance of being Muslim by hereditary and a real tool of secularism…
Therefore, this forum entitled: “Struggle of Women Between The Honor of Islam and the Manmade Systems” was held to tell Muslims in general and Muslim women specifically that a third option was and still is existent, an option based on the principle of Islam as revealed by Allah (swt) to His Messenger (saaw), this option is clear and specific, and the struggle in it is based on unambiguous Islamic thought. The forum was held to also say that the Western creed is false that it cannot stand in front of any evidence, and that their slogans are casual accessories, an appearance without an informant, an indefinite name, exposing its falsehood and removing the masks off its promoters is inevitable, as well as the constant and ongoing struggle to uproot the corrupt Western system and implant the great system of Islam.
We have addressed four main topics:
First topic: The Struggle of Women and the Political Reality
Second topic: Media Trading in Women’s Issues
Third topic: My Struggle is Political and Will Continue Until Change is Achieved
Fourth topic: The Struggle of Women in Islam is Glory and Empowerment
At the end of the forum, we, the Women of Hizb ut Tahrir / Wilayah of Tunisia, affirm the following:
1 – A fact that must remain engraved in the minds and hearts:
Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala revealed Islam through the Revelation (al-Wahi) to the Messenger (saaw), as a mercy to the worlds till the Day of Resurrection, and Allah the Almighty imposed on Muslims to raise high the Deen of Islam in the world, by establishing a system applied by a state and carrying its message to the worlds. Allah (swt) says:
﴿هُوَ الَّذِي أَرْسَلَ رَسُولَهُ بِالْهُدَىٰ وَدِينِ الْحَقِّ لِيُظْهِرَهُ عَلَى الدِّينِ كُلِّهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْمُشْرِكُونَ﴾
“It is He Who hath sent His Messenger with guidance and the Religion of Truth, to proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may detest (it).” [TMQ 9:33]
He (swt) outlined a practical way to carry out His aim. The Prophet (saaw) struggled and defied the Kuffar and refuted their ideas until Islam became a public opinion not only in Mecca but throughout the Arabian Peninsula. When he (saaw) found the support and protection from the Ansaar, he established the first Islamic State in Madinah, regulating peoples’ lives in accordance to what was revealed to him by his Lord, and mobilized the armies and corps, sending them in the way of Allah (swt), carrying the banner of Islam and removing all the material barriers that encircle the forces of the Kuffar and prevent the call of Islam to reach the people, uniting the Arabian Peninsula and then headed towards Bilad Al-Shaam to open it and enter it into the fold of Islam.
Thus was the life of the Prophet (saw), a daily hard work and continuous struggle that does not languish for the establishment of Islam in the land. The Messenger of Allah (saw) departed this world to the Highest Companion (swt) after he had completed his trust and achieved what was revealed to him from his Lord, and strived in the cause of Allah as he ought to strive. His companions continued to carry the message of Islam to the world, so the Islamic State expanded and widened, the people were safe under it, and world peace was established for many centuries, however, severe weakness hit the Muslims and they lost themselves and the worlds by losing their Deen and the trust of their Lord, thus the Kuffar became empowered over them, colonized their lands and divided them, and destroyed the state that was founded by the Prophet (saw), returning the days of ignorance in which the strong eat the weak, and thus, the capitalist system became dominant, corruption covered the earth and people became in great distress. Indeed, Allah Almighty has spoken the truth:
﴿وَمَنْ أَعْرَضَ عَن ذِكْرِي فَإِنَّ لَهُ مَعِيشَةً ضَنكًا وَنَحْشُرُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ أَعْمَىٰ﴾
“But whosoever turns away from My Message, verily for him is a life narrowed down, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Judgment.” [TMQ 20:124]
Based on the above, we confirm the following:
- That the dominance and corruption of the liberal capitalist system and the exclusion of Islam from life is the main and essential motivation of the struggle for its extraction from its roots.
- That the struggle of Muslim women to uproot capitalism today is sure, especially the admonitions of liberal capitalist advocates claiming that they liberated women and made them equal to men. In fact, women under this system have become besieged and subjected to the worst forms of abuse and oppression, she has been neglected and left without care under the pretext of full equality between men and women. Until it came clear to everyone that the capitalist system that humiliated women and spoiled their lives and destroyed their hopes and devalued them is a bankrupt system in which there is no solution to the problems of people, especially women’s problems, and what the official authorities (like states and international organizations …) state of statistics is the strongest proof and clearest evidence.
- That strife and struggle are an obligation for her as they are for men equally. Allah (swt) says:
﴿وَلْتَكُن مِّنكُمْ أُمَّةٌ يَدْعُونَ إِلَى الْخَيْرِ وَيَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَيَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنكَرِ وَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ﴾
“Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity.” [TMQ 3:104]
Thus, Allah (swt) did not make the obligation of establishing Islam and joining the good and forbidding the evil for men only; because the legislative discourse regarding the obligation of calling to Islam, enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong is general to all humans, and the general text remains general unless there is evidence to specify it. And since we did not find any evidence specific to men, we were certain that the obligation of strife and struggle against the Kufr regimes encompasses us women as it encompasses men. Women accompanied the Messenger of Allah’s (saw) struggle; Khadija (raa) was the first to believe in his message and the greatest supporter and proponent of his truthful call, likewise, the women of the believers were together with men in carrying the burdens of the call to Islam.
- Inaction, submission and satisfaction with the dominance of capitalism under the pretext of weakness and lack of resource means keeping silent about the crime, and even participating in it, and we will have no excuse on the Day of Resurrection before our Lord, Allah the Almighty entrusted us with the call for Islam and enjoining the good and forbidding the evil, He (swt) says:﴿لَا يُكَلِّفُ اللَّهُ نَفْسًا إِلَّا وُسْعَهَا…﴾ “Allah does not burden a soul more than it can bear” [TMQ 2:286], and in this verse there is a strong indication that we are able to uproot the Kufr and establish Islam, and that the invocation of women’s weakness and her helplessness is a denial to the words of Allah (swt) and we will have no excuse for it on the day of judgment, and all that remains is putting our trust in our Lord (swt) and working like men in intellectual struggle and strife, and in the political struggle.
- That the struggle must be against the policies of the colonizer, who deliberately fights our Deen and excludes it from the constitution, laws, and even political party work, and intervenes in every matter in our lives big or small (from politics, education, economy, social relations…). This colonizer wants to define for us a way of living subject to the ideas of the Kufr liberal capitalist, evident by their marketing of their agents and making them sign false and unjust agreements in our name (in denigration), that serve to exclude Islam and its provisions, marginalize young people, loot wealth and starve people.
- That the Muslim Ummah, and Tunisia is part of it, is the best nation that has been brought out to mankind, no matter how bad its situation has become, and no matter how far the colonizer’s hand has reached within her, her struggle must rise from the great principle of Islam, the Deen which was chosen to us by Allah – The Victorious, The Mighty – and that the correct solutions to all man’s problems emanate from the Islamic creed, provisional rulings from The All-Knowing, The All-Aware.
- That women only gained dignity, honour and value under the State of Islam, thus she was the sister of the man, as the leader of the Messengers (saw) said:«إِنَّمَا النِّسَاءُ شَقَائِقُ الرِّجَالِ» “Women are but the sisters of men” carrying the Da’wah, giving victory to the prophecy, a ‘Aalimah, a jurist, a doctor, a skilful politician and a judge… and in her living, she receives nothing except care and attention in dignity and reverence. This is a constant in history that cannot be denied.
In conclusion, we – the women of Hizb ut Tahrir – love goodness for you, and we invite you my sisters to the goodness of this world and the next to work with us for the establishment of Islam; by establishing a righteous Khilafah (Caliphate) on the method of the Prophethood, in which lies the glory of the world and the dignity of the Hereafter. We remind you that the Khilafah called for by Hizb ut Tahrir is an obligation imposed by Allah (swt) to all Muslims like the obligation of the Salat (prayer), and all those who have worked for it in obedience to their Lord (swt) and in pursuit of His pleasure, whether male or female, are like the first vanguards of Islam – the Muhajiroon and the Ansaar. Allah (swt) says:
﴿فَاسْتَجَابَ لَهُمْ رَبُّهُمْ أَنِّي لَا أُضِيعُ عَمَلَ عَامِلٍ مِّنكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنثَىٰ بَعْضُكُم مِّن بَعْضٍ﴾
“And their Lord hath accepted of them, and answered them: “Never will I suffer to be lost the work of any of you, be he male or female: Ye are members, one of another” [TMQ 3:195]
in the Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir in Wilayah Tunisia
Saturday, 08th Safar 1439 AH
Issue No.: 02/1439