Assad’s Chemical Weapons Attack – Outcome of a Criminal Partnership with the West
Hizb ut-Tahrir Britain denounces the latest chemical weapons attack by the Syrian regime that has killed over 100 people including innocent men, women and children in the Idlib province;
(1) The world has witnessed yet again the barbaric depths to which the criminal Assad regime will sink in its war against the people of Syria. Despite years of bombing, airstrikes, torture and siege tactics, the Assad regime is still unable to subdue the people who rose to demand his removal. Assad has been forced to resort to such weapons as a means to break the will of the Ummah, but his repeated use of these depraved tactics have still not brought his doomed regime any closer to safety.
(2) Despite the hollow words of condemnation from their leaders, it has been clear for years that the US, UK and other Western governments have been content for the Assad regime to remain in power. For this reason, they can be considered as accomplices in the attacks of the regime to just the same extent as the Russian government. The years of useless negotiations in Geneva, Astana and other locations have only given time and diplomatic cover for Assad to continue his attacks. Bashar has murdered thousands of Syrian civilians due to his cooperation with the Western regimes, in just the same way that his father was denounced, but provided support behind the scenes for the US throughout his years in power.
(3) The selective outrage demonstrated by the Western Media and Governments only confirms that some lives matter more to them than others. In fact, the sanctity of life has no bearing on secular liberal capitalist politics that revolve only around geopolitical and capitalist interests. Theresa May’s recent visit to the tyrants of Jordan and Saudi Arabia, to confirm her political and economic commitments to them, firmly substantiates this point. The Saudi government has committed numerous atrocities in Yemen using UK-made cluster bombs, killed civilians and destroyed critical infrastructure with the support of UK military trainers and officials. Despite the outcry against this hideous partnership, the UK continues to replenish the Saudi weapons stocks, and even issued statements that the well-documented civilian deaths may have been faked!
(4) Hizb ut-Tahrir has never and will never recognise the Muslim Regimes of Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Pakistan and indeed all the illegitimate regimes who rule over Muslim lands. Despite their sufficient military capabilities, and despite the sacrosanct value Islam places on Muslim lives, the Ummah in various lands is exposed to horrific persecution due to the rulers’ callous indifference and active collaboration in criminal attacks. The Ummah will continue to suffer as long as these regimes are allowed to stand in the way of the resumption of the Islamic Khilafah that will protect Muslims and non-Muslim civilians in their lands.
(5) Our call to our dear Muslim brothers and sisters living in the West is simple. Expose the colonialism of your Governments and join the global effort for the work of Khilafah. Raise awareness of the plight of our brothers and sisters, and work tirelessly to ensure the next generation of Muslims understand the truth of Western crimes that we witness today.
We ask Allah SWT to make us steadfast in this work and grant us the victory.
وَعَدَ اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مِنكُمْ وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ لَيَسْتَخْلِفَنَّهُمْ فِي الْأَرْضِ كَمَا اسْتَخْلَفَ الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِهِمْ وَلَيُمَكِّنَنَّ لَهُمْ دِينَهُمُ الَّذِي ارْتَضَىٰ لَهُمْ وَلَيُبَدِّلَنَّهُم مِّن بَعْدِ خَوْفِهِمْ أَمْنًا ۚ يَعْبُدُونَنِي لَا يُشْرِكُونَ بِي شَيْئًا ۚ وَمَن كَفَرَ بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ فَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْفَاسِقُونَ
“Allah has promised those who have believed among you and done righteous deeds that He will surely grant them succession [to authority] upon the earth just as He granted it to those before them and that He will surely establish for them [therein] their religion which He has preferred for them and that He will surely substitute for them, after their fear, security, [for] they worship Me, not associating anything with Me. But whoever disbelieves after that – then those are the defiantly disobedient.”
Hizb ut-Tahrir Britain
4th April 2017